Loving People - Part 2 - The Loving FatherEph. 2:1,2; Luke 15:11-32
From the call to love your neighbor as yourself to the challenge of loving your family, we turn our attention to another popular parable that has been designated by many to be "the best short story every wirtten". In the parable of the prodigal son, Jesus places the idea of loving people into the framework of family by introducing the parable with these words, "There was a man with two sons". It takes great grace to love family becuase, unlike strangers or neighbors, we have to live with them and struggle with them throughout our entire lives. It seems to me that Christ gives us six principles in this parable of how we are to show love to our family members.
I. The Grace to Release without Resentent
II. The Grace to Wait without Worry
III. The Grace to Run without Retaliation
IV. The Grace to Restore without Retribution
V. The Grace to Celebrate without Concern
VI. The Grace to Invite without Indignation
More From this Series
- Loving People - part 1 - The Great Command
- Loving People - part 2 - The Loving Father
- Loving People - Part 3 - Radical Love with Music
- Fight the Good Fight of Faith
- See, I am doing a NEW thing!
- The ADVENTure: The Road Less Traveled
- Advancing Through Adversity
- Radical Simplicity
- Maranatha: Jesus Is Coming!
- I've Got Your Back
- Taming the Tongue
- The Cost!
- The Church That Makes It Happen!
- Carpe Diem: Seizing the Day by Faith!
- Risen: Uncovering the Mystery
- Parenting on Purpose
- Making the Most of Every Opportunity (Eph. 3:16a)
- Radical Christmas
- Psalms of Praise: Proclaiming Glory to God
- Nehemiah: A Call to Action!
- Acts of the Holy Spirit Bible Study
- The Book of Revelation Bible Study
- 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting
- Be Anxious For Nothing!
- The Church that Builds on the Sand
- Simon Cephas Petros - Fisherman . Disciple . Apostle
- We Walk by Faith Not By Sight
- Easter Series - Empty Promises
- Breakthrough Prayer
- Church Unity
- The Hope - Christmas According to Isaiah
- The Power of Praise
- Missio Dei - The Mission of God
- Stewardship of Life
- The Seven Churches in Revelation
- Consider the Source
- Come and See
- Hear, Speak, Do - Sermons from Jeremiah
- The Art of Marriage
- Stephen - Following In The Footsteps of Christ
- View All