Be Anxious For Nothing – Part 9 – The Remedy for Anxiety (3)
Be Anxious for Nothing (Philippians 4:6,7)
We live in a world of chaos and our modern technology has not proven to simply our lives as much as it has proven to complicate our daily existence by constant contact with the troubles, fears, and strife of life around the world. We as Christians are called to a different lifestyle than the world. We are called to PEACE not worry! However, the church is filled to brim with worriers and they find the reality that worry destroys relationships, visions, and personal health. How can we choose peace? How can we defeat the enemy of anxiety? In the next few sermons in this series, we take the Biblical command seriously to “Be anxious for nothing” and we will discuss what the bible says about how we can defeat anxiety as a way of life in all of us.
1. TheRealization – that we don’t have to live a life of anxiety! We are called to peace!
2. The Roots – the first thing that we do when anxiety rises in us is to identify the root of the anxiety. When we know where it is coming from, we can direct our minds and hearts in prayer and proclamation in THAT area.
3. The Results – Our choices have consequences! When we choose anxiety over peace, we have chosen to go against the Biblical command and the results are devistating to our personal spiritual relationship with Christ, our relationships with others, our productivity as a person, and our joy and peace in general.
4. The Remedy – We come full circle back to the theme verse in Philippians 4:6,7 and we see that there is specific things that we MUST do if we want to turn the tide of anxiety! We choose peace – then we must make the necessary choices that follow that to bring God’s promises and God’s Spirit into bear on our minds and hearts.
More From this Series
- Be Anxious For Nothing - Part 1 - The Realization! With Music
- Be Anxious For Nothing - Part 2 - The Roots #1 Expectations
- Be Anxious For Nothing - Part 3 - Root #2 - Worldliness
- Be Anxious For Nothing - part 4 - Root #3 - Faithlessness
- Be Anxious For Noting - part 5 - Root #4 - Impatience with Music
- Be Anxious For Nothing - Part 6 - The Results of Anxiety with music
- Be Anxious For Nothing - Part 7 - The Remedy for Anxiety (1) with music
- Be Anxious For Nothing - Part 8 - The Remedy For Anxiety (2)
- Be Anxious For Nothing - Part 9 - The Remedy for Anxiety (3)
- An Easter Epiphany
- Fight the Good Fight of Faith
- See, I am doing a NEW thing!
- The ADVENTure: The Road Less Traveled
- Advancing Through Adversity
- Radical Simplicity
- Maranatha: Jesus Is Coming!
- I've Got Your Back
- Taming the Tongue
- The Church That Makes It Happen!
- Carpe Diem: Seizing the Day by Faith!
- Risen: Uncovering the Mystery
- Parenting on Purpose
- Making the Most of Every Opportunity (Eph. 3:16a)
- Radical Christmas
- Psalms of Praise: Proclaiming Glory to God
- Nehemiah: A Call to Action!
- Acts of the Holy Spirit Bible Study
- The Book of Revelation Bible Study
- 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting
- Be Anxious For Nothing!
- The Church that Builds on the Sand
- Simon Cephas Petros - Fisherman . Disciple . Apostle
- We Walk by Faith Not By Sight
- Easter Series - Empty Promises
- Breakthrough Prayer
- Loving people Even When They Are Weird
- Church Unity
- The Hope - Christmas According to Isaiah
- The Power of Praise
- Missio Dei - The Mission of God
- Stewardship of Life
- The Seven Churches in Revelation
- Consider the Source
- Come and See
- Hear, Speak, Do - Sermons from Jeremiah
- The Art of Marriage
- Stephen - Following In The Footsteps of Christ
- View All