Parenting on Purpose – part 4 – The Grand Vision
Parenting on Purpose – Part 4 – The Grand Vision
We end up our parenting sermon series with the grand vision for all parents – the “crown jewels” of parenting from Deuteronomy chapter 6. After we have laid down a reasonable number of age appropriate boundaries, and we have begun to take our role as disciplinarians who desire to use formative discipline for the future of our kids, we must then decide what is the larger goal for who my kids will become! This goal becomes the grand vision for them and the roadmap for how we train them up. There is no more important grand vision for our kids than the “greatest commandment” mentioned by Jesus in Matt. 22. He was refering to Deuteronomy 6 and we realize that this is the absolute reality for those who want to build the Kingdom of God on earth. It is amazing that God determines that this vision be built, not by government, military, religion, academia, or media – but by parents like us. Let this vision guide and challenge us as parents!
Parenting On Purpose
Parenting is a challenge that most of us will face a some point in our lives. Even if we are blessed with singleness, parenting is still something we practice as we “train up” those children in our lives all around us. In this series we will look at setting boundaries, doing discipline, and establishing a vision for our kids lives. Come join us at WellSpring at 10:30 a.m. during the month of February to share in our discovery of the Biblical Principles of Parenting on Purpose.
More From this Series
- An Easter Epiphany
- Fight the Good Fight of Faith
- See, I am doing a NEW thing!
- The ADVENTure: The Road Less Traveled
- Advancing Through Adversity
- Radical Simplicity
- Maranatha: Jesus Is Coming!
- I've Got Your Back
- Taming the Tongue
- The Church That Makes It Happen!
- Carpe Diem: Seizing the Day by Faith!
- Risen: Uncovering the Mystery
- Parenting on Purpose
- Making the Most of Every Opportunity (Eph. 3:16a)
- Radical Christmas
- Psalms of Praise: Proclaiming Glory to God
- Nehemiah: A Call to Action!
- Acts of the Holy Spirit Bible Study
- The Book of Revelation Bible Study
- 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting
- Be Anxious For Nothing!
- The Church that Builds on the Sand
- Simon Cephas Petros - Fisherman . Disciple . Apostle
- We Walk by Faith Not By Sight
- Easter Series - Empty Promises
- Breakthrough Prayer
- Loving people Even When They Are Weird
- Church Unity
- The Hope - Christmas According to Isaiah
- The Power of Praise
- Missio Dei - The Mission of God
- Stewardship of Life
- The Seven Churches in Revelation
- Consider the Source
- Come and See
- Hear, Speak, Do - Sermons from Jeremiah
- The Art of Marriage
- Stephen - Following In The Footsteps of Christ
- View All