Empty Promises – part 5 – The Resurrection and the Life
Empty Promises – Part 5 – The Resurrection and the Life
Our last of the “I Am” statements of Jesus draws into the most important moment in human history – The resurrection of Jesus Christ! We stand amazed on this day as we realize that the empty promises of Jesus Christ are all made fact at the moment of resurrection because he proved who he was.
In John 11, Jesus is dealing with the death of a close friend and he turns the whole idea of death upside down by telling Martha, “I Am the resurrection and the life” and then proving it by raising Lazarus from the dead! It is so important to the see the problem, the purpose, the promise, and the proof that emerges through this scripture. You will be “surprised” by how this will change your perspective about death and about the fear that comes with it. Join this Easter Sunday as we celebrate the risen Christ!
Easter Series – Empty Promises
The Seven “I Am”s of John – a Proof of the Resurrected Jesus Christ
Did you know there are “empty promises” in scipture? Yes, they are empty until the resurrection – then the empty tomb reveals that they are true! Over the next five weeks, we will be looking at what the “I Am” references in the book of John reveal about Christ as the Son of God and our messiah! The resurrection proves what Jesus says and what has been said throughout the Old Testament about the coming Christ who would be God in the flesh. As Easter draws near, let us rejoice as the Holy Spirit brings us to the point of understanding the amazing connection between the “I Am”‘s of Jesus and the Resurrection.
More From this Series
- An Easter Epiphany
- Fight the Good Fight of Faith
- See, I am doing a NEW thing!
- The ADVENTure: The Road Less Traveled
- Advancing Through Adversity
- Radical Simplicity
- Maranatha: Jesus Is Coming!
- I've Got Your Back
- Taming the Tongue
- The Church That Makes It Happen!
- Carpe Diem: Seizing the Day by Faith!
- Risen: Uncovering the Mystery
- Parenting on Purpose
- Making the Most of Every Opportunity (Eph. 3:16a)
- Radical Christmas
- Psalms of Praise: Proclaiming Glory to God
- Nehemiah: A Call to Action!
- Acts of the Holy Spirit Bible Study
- The Book of Revelation Bible Study
- 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting
- Be Anxious For Nothing!
- The Church that Builds on the Sand
- Simon Cephas Petros - Fisherman . Disciple . Apostle
- We Walk by Faith Not By Sight
- Easter Series - Empty Promises
- Breakthrough Prayer
- Loving people Even When They Are Weird
- Church Unity
- The Hope - Christmas According to Isaiah
- The Power of Praise
- Missio Dei - The Mission of God
- Stewardship of Life
- The Seven Churches in Revelation
- Consider the Source
- Come and See
- Hear, Speak, Do - Sermons from Jeremiah
- The Art of Marriage
- Stephen - Following In The Footsteps of Christ
- View All