Consider the Source – part 3 – The Holy Spirit
Consider the Source – Part 3 – The Holy Spirit
The sources that come together to define “The Source” of our mission at WellSpring include prayer and The Word of God we ahve already talked about in previous messages, and The Holy Spirit we will talk about today. The Holy Spirit is the most neglected part of the Trinity for seveal reasons and this neglect is most likely at the root of why the Chruch of Jesus Christ has lost much of its influence, harvest, and power today. The Holy Spirit is not only vital in the The Word of God and the life of the believer, but also in the work of the church. Join us today as we consider this source…
As we look at the landscape of our area we recognize that there are a large number of churches and that each church is distinctive as God gifts them to reach a sector of the world through the gathered body of Christ. Over the past seven years, as WellSpring has begun to mature and become the faithful hands and feet of Christ in this community, the Lord has clarified our distinctives by developing the passions that drive this ministry. Over the next 5 weeks this sermon series will discuss the sources or our strength and the motivating passions of our ministry. Our name comes from the story of the women as the well where Jesus tells her “anyone who believes in me a wellspring of living water will flow from them” and we know that the source of this WellSpring is Jesus Christ. However, there are several others sources of strength and passion that run through this central source, like a river is really a culmination of several tributaries that come together to make it flow in greater capacity. We will look at the five main sources that drive all aspects of ministry at WellSpring: 1) Prayer, 2) The Word of God, 3) The Holy Spirit, 4) Missionary discipleship, and 5) The “Whosoever” concept. Come join us as we consider the source.
More From this Series
- An Easter Epiphany
- Fight the Good Fight of Faith
- See, I am doing a NEW thing!
- The ADVENTure: The Road Less Traveled
- Advancing Through Adversity
- Radical Simplicity
- Maranatha: Jesus Is Coming!
- I've Got Your Back
- Taming the Tongue
- The Church That Makes It Happen!
- Carpe Diem: Seizing the Day by Faith!
- Risen: Uncovering the Mystery
- Parenting on Purpose
- Making the Most of Every Opportunity (Eph. 3:16a)
- Radical Christmas
- Psalms of Praise: Proclaiming Glory to God
- Nehemiah: A Call to Action!
- Acts of the Holy Spirit Bible Study
- The Book of Revelation Bible Study
- 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting
- Be Anxious For Nothing!
- The Church that Builds on the Sand
- Simon Cephas Petros - Fisherman . Disciple . Apostle
- We Walk by Faith Not By Sight
- Easter Series - Empty Promises
- Breakthrough Prayer
- Loving people Even When They Are Weird
- Church Unity
- The Hope - Christmas According to Isaiah
- The Power of Praise
- Missio Dei - The Mission of God
- Stewardship of Life
- The Seven Churches in Revelation
- Consider the Source
- Come and See
- Hear, Speak, Do - Sermons from Jeremiah
- The Art of Marriage
- Stephen - Following In The Footsteps of Christ
- View All