Empty Promises – Part 1 – The Good Shepherd and The Gate
Empty Promies – Part 1 – The Good Shepherd and The Gate
We begin our investigation of the Promises of Christ and how the resurrection confirms these promises with two of the “I AM”‘s from John 10. Here Christ declares himself to be “The Good Shepherd” that lays down his life for His sheep and “The Gate” through which all can come to be saved. Christ makes a point to contrast himself with all others that have come before and those who are supposedly the shepherds of Isreal. He makes two great points which relate to the resurrection: 1) He tells us that he has the authority to lay down his life and TO TAKE IT UP AGAIN and 2) I have come that they might have Life – both now and forever! These promises are empty except for the resurrection of Christ. he cannot take his own life up if he is dead – he cannot promise us life NOW and in the FUTURE if he is dead. He arose! He is alive! He is the good shepherd! He is the Gate! Praise be to God!!!
Easter Series – Empty Promises
The Seven “I Am”s of John – a Proof of the Resurrected Jesus Christ
Did you know there are “empty promises” in scipture? Yes, they are empty until the resurrection – then the empty tomb reveals that they are true! Over the next five weeks, we will be looking at what the “I Am” references in the book of John reveal about Christ as the Son of God and our messiah! The resurrection proves what Jesus says and what has been said throughout the Old Testament about the coming Christ who would be God in the flesh. As Easter draws near, let us rejoice as the Holy Spirit brings us to the point of understanding the amazing connection between the “I Am”‘s of Jesus and the Resurrection.
More From this Series
- An Easter Epiphany
- Fight the Good Fight of Faith
- See, I am doing a NEW thing!
- The ADVENTure: The Road Less Traveled
- Advancing Through Adversity
- Radical Simplicity
- Maranatha: Jesus Is Coming!
- I've Got Your Back
- Taming the Tongue
- The Church That Makes It Happen!
- Carpe Diem: Seizing the Day by Faith!
- Risen: Uncovering the Mystery
- Parenting on Purpose
- Making the Most of Every Opportunity (Eph. 3:16a)
- Radical Christmas
- Psalms of Praise: Proclaiming Glory to God
- Nehemiah: A Call to Action!
- Acts of the Holy Spirit Bible Study
- The Book of Revelation Bible Study
- 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting
- Be Anxious For Nothing!
- The Church that Builds on the Sand
- Simon Cephas Petros - Fisherman . Disciple . Apostle
- We Walk by Faith Not By Sight
- Easter Series - Empty Promises
- Breakthrough Prayer
- Loving people Even When They Are Weird
- Church Unity
- The Hope - Christmas According to Isaiah
- The Power of Praise
- Missio Dei - The Mission of God
- Stewardship of Life
- The Seven Churches in Revelation
- Consider the Source
- Come and See
- Hear, Speak, Do - Sermons from Jeremiah
- The Art of Marriage
- Stephen - Following In The Footsteps of Christ
- View All