Maranatha – Part 1 – The Mandate!
In Acts 1, Luke tells us that Jesus spent 40 days with the disciples detailing His plan for the Kingdom of God. During this time, Jesus explained four mandates for them and for us. First, the mandate to know that Jesus resurrected from the dead. Second, that they were to wait for the empowering of the Holy Spirit. Third, they were to be His witnessess both locally and around the world. Then finally, the Maranatha Mandate, the two men in white stated the point – “this same Jesus will come back in the same way you saw him rise.” This leads us to an understanding that the Maranatha Mandate is that we live our lives with an expectation of Christ’ return every minute. We live and act with awareness of his return.
Maranatha is the Aramaic word meaning: Jesus is Coming!
It became the declaration of the early church following the ascension of Christ as a reminder that we need to be about the Lord’s work because Jesus is coming back. This Summer series will investigate the doctrine of the Second Coming of Christ in the context of how a Christian should live based on this fact.
More From this Series
- An Easter Epiphany
- Fight the Good Fight of Faith
- See, I am doing a NEW thing!
- The ADVENTure: The Road Less Traveled
- Advancing Through Adversity
- Radical Simplicity
- Maranatha: Jesus Is Coming!
- I've Got Your Back
- Taming the Tongue
- The Church That Makes It Happen!
- Carpe Diem: Seizing the Day by Faith!
- Risen: Uncovering the Mystery
- Parenting on Purpose
- Making the Most of Every Opportunity (Eph. 3:16a)
- Radical Christmas
- Psalms of Praise: Proclaiming Glory to God
- Nehemiah: A Call to Action!
- Acts of the Holy Spirit Bible Study
- The Book of Revelation Bible Study
- 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting
- Be Anxious For Nothing!
- The Church that Builds on the Sand
- Simon Cephas Petros - Fisherman . Disciple . Apostle
- We Walk by Faith Not By Sight
- Easter Series - Empty Promises
- Breakthrough Prayer
- Loving people Even When They Are Weird
- Church Unity
- The Hope - Christmas According to Isaiah
- The Power of Praise
- Missio Dei - The Mission of God
- Stewardship of Life
- The Seven Churches in Revelation
- Consider the Source
- Come and See
- Hear, Speak, Do - Sermons from Jeremiah
- The Art of Marriage
- Stephen - Following In The Footsteps of Christ
- View All