The Adventure – part 5 – The Temple
The Adventure – Part 5
Luke 2:22 – 38
We finish this sermon series with a part of the Christmas story which is after the birth of Christ and before the arrival of the Magi, and we do this because this moment in human history is often missed and overlooked. On the 41st day of Christ’s life, after Mary’s purification period, Jesus is brought to the temple to be dedicated to God. Many may see this as a religious duty, but the reality is that this is the moment that Jesus who is OUR temple came to begin the transfer of power from the temple on earth to the Holy Temple who is Jesus Christ. The moment is confirmed by Simeon and Anna, but the point is clear that the adventures of God have a specific purpose that is stated clearly by these two prophets of God – to bring salvation, revelation, and glory to God through Israel toward all the world! Any adventure from God – will always have the same purpose – and requires the same realization! Praise be to God!
A special Thank You to Wayne Mainor for reading his poetry as part of our service!
More From this Series
- An Easter Epiphany
- Fight the Good Fight of Faith
- See, I am doing a NEW thing!
- The ADVENTure: The Road Less Traveled
- Advancing Through Adversity
- Radical Simplicity
- Maranatha: Jesus Is Coming!
- I've Got Your Back
- Taming the Tongue
- The Church That Makes It Happen!
- Carpe Diem: Seizing the Day by Faith!
- Risen: Uncovering the Mystery
- Parenting on Purpose
- Making the Most of Every Opportunity (Eph. 3:16a)
- Radical Christmas
- Psalms of Praise: Proclaiming Glory to God
- Nehemiah: A Call to Action!
- Acts of the Holy Spirit Bible Study
- The Book of Revelation Bible Study
- 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting
- Be Anxious For Nothing!
- The Church that Builds on the Sand
- Simon Cephas Petros - Fisherman . Disciple . Apostle
- We Walk by Faith Not By Sight
- Easter Series - Empty Promises
- Breakthrough Prayer
- Loving people Even When They Are Weird
- Church Unity
- The Hope - Christmas According to Isaiah
- The Power of Praise
- Missio Dei - The Mission of God
- Stewardship of Life
- The Seven Churches in Revelation
- Consider the Source
- Come and See
- Hear, Speak, Do - Sermons from Jeremiah
- The Art of Marriage
- Stephen - Following In The Footsteps of Christ
- View All