The Hope – Part 2 – The Name
The Hope – Part 2 – “The Name”
In our second message in this series, we look at the another prophecy from the Book of Isaiah about the birth of Christ. In Isaiah chapter 9 we see more specifically what the child will be like who we lerned about last week in Isaiah 7:14. We learn that “The Hope” comes in dark times and brings deliverance to distressed people and we hear the name of “The Hope” descibed and the future determined. Enjoy a small clip from Handel’s Messiah “For Unto Us a Child is Born”.
Have you ever noticed that during Christmas season we so often refer back to a prophet in the Old Testament who spoke a word of Hope to a lost and hopeless world. This series, we will look at the profound words of Isaiah from God to his people because they resonate with us and our world of hopelessnes as well. He spoke of The Hope – The Messiah – Jesus Christ.
More From this Series
- An Easter Epiphany
- Fight the Good Fight of Faith
- See, I am doing a NEW thing!
- The ADVENTure: The Road Less Traveled
- Advancing Through Adversity
- Radical Simplicity
- Maranatha: Jesus Is Coming!
- I've Got Your Back
- Taming the Tongue
- The Church That Makes It Happen!
- Carpe Diem: Seizing the Day by Faith!
- Risen: Uncovering the Mystery
- Parenting on Purpose
- Making the Most of Every Opportunity (Eph. 3:16a)
- Radical Christmas
- Psalms of Praise: Proclaiming Glory to God
- Nehemiah: A Call to Action!
- Acts of the Holy Spirit Bible Study
- The Book of Revelation Bible Study
- 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting
- Be Anxious For Nothing!
- The Church that Builds on the Sand
- Simon Cephas Petros - Fisherman . Disciple . Apostle
- We Walk by Faith Not By Sight
- Easter Series - Empty Promises
- Breakthrough Prayer
- Loving people Even When They Are Weird
- Church Unity
- The Hope - Christmas According to Isaiah
- The Power of Praise
- Missio Dei - The Mission of God
- Stewardship of Life
- The Seven Churches in Revelation
- Consider the Source
- Come and See
- Hear, Speak, Do - Sermons from Jeremiah
- The Art of Marriage
- Stephen - Following In The Footsteps of Christ
- View All