The Power of Praise – Part 1 – An Act of Faith
The Power of Praise
Part 1 – An Act of Faith
Are you aware that there are al least 58 words in the Old Testament that refer to praise or actions relating to praise? Why is then that we do so little of it? We are called to “Praise the one who has called us out of darkness and into his glorious light” (1 Pet. 2:9). We are going to look at a word that you already know that is a powerful call to praise. The word is Hallelujah! This is a word used to call the community to praise God. We want to learn to practice the Hallelujah!
I. We praise because of who we are in Christ (1 Peter 2:5)
II. We praise because of who God is by faith (Psalm 146)
III. We praise because of who we put our faith in is able to do it all!
The Power of Praise
Over the next three weeks, we will be investigating an often forgotten part of our life as Christians. We all say we beleive in the power of prayer as we call upon the name of Jesus Christ through the empowerment of the Holy Spirit and expect that God the Father hears us when we pray, but have we forgotten the power of praise? Have we become so out of balance in our lives that we pray but we neglect to praise? You will see as you join us in this series that there is real power in choosing to praise God faithfully and loudly. Praise is really a faith statement – based on who we are in Christ and who God is by faith! Praise is an attitude adujustment as turn our focus from our own needs, fears, and concerns to concentrating on the all sufficientcy of Christ and the omnipotence of God. Praise is our call to thangsgiving because we are so blessed in this life because of what Christ has done for us. Come join us in this series to learn the power of praise to change your life!
More From this Series
- An Easter Epiphany
- Fight the Good Fight of Faith
- See, I am doing a NEW thing!
- The ADVENTure: The Road Less Traveled
- Advancing Through Adversity
- Radical Simplicity
- Maranatha: Jesus Is Coming!
- I've Got Your Back
- Taming the Tongue
- The Church That Makes It Happen!
- Carpe Diem: Seizing the Day by Faith!
- Risen: Uncovering the Mystery
- Parenting on Purpose
- Making the Most of Every Opportunity (Eph. 3:16a)
- Radical Christmas
- Psalms of Praise: Proclaiming Glory to God
- Nehemiah: A Call to Action!
- Acts of the Holy Spirit Bible Study
- The Book of Revelation Bible Study
- 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting
- Be Anxious For Nothing!
- The Church that Builds on the Sand
- Simon Cephas Petros - Fisherman . Disciple . Apostle
- We Walk by Faith Not By Sight
- Easter Series - Empty Promises
- Breakthrough Prayer
- Loving people Even When They Are Weird
- Church Unity
- The Hope - Christmas According to Isaiah
- The Power of Praise
- Missio Dei - The Mission of God
- Stewardship of Life
- The Seven Churches in Revelation
- Consider the Source
- Come and See
- Hear, Speak, Do - Sermons from Jeremiah
- The Art of Marriage
- Stephen - Following In The Footsteps of Christ
- View All